On 11th July 2023, Microsoft Announced they are renaming Azure AD to expand their Entra product family.
Azure AD is part of Microsoft 365 platform that is used for Authentication of your identity. When you login to any part of Microsoft 365 the Azure AD (Active Directory) is used.
Microsoft Announced a year ago the Microsoft Entra product family and this is the first part of Microsoft’s longer-term plan to prevent cyberattacks by improving their security.
What will the Microsoft Entra product family provide?
Microsoft Entra Family is designed to provide secure access to any app or resource, from anywhere.
This consists of several products, some of which you may have and use without noticing.
- Azure Active Directory Free (included in all M365 services such as M365 Business Basic)
- Azure Active Directory Premium P1 (included in M365 E3 or M365 Business Premium)
- Azure Active Directory Premium P2 (included in M365 E5 or as a standalone product)
- Microsoft Entra ID Governance
To check which service you require click here to view the Microsoft Entra Pricing
New products in the Microsoft Entra family
To help businesses protect their digital systems, Microsoft have developed two new network access products:
- Microsoft Entra Internet Access – an identity-centric secure Web Gateway that protects access to the internet, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Microsoft 365 apps. This extends Conditional Access Policies to protect against malicious internet traffic.
- Microsoft Entra Private Access – an identity-centric Zero Trust Network Access that secures access to private apps and resources. This reduces the operational complexity and cost by replacing legacy VPNs and offers more granular security.
Microsoft are now security focused and provide combine the Internet Access and Private Access with Microsoft Defender to become Microsoft’s Security Service Edge (SSE) solution.
New product names for old products:
Microsoft will be changing the existing product over and have not announced and price increases today.
Should you need any further information or would like to discuss the setup of your system, please contact our sales team.