Privacy & Data Security
This web site is operated by IT 4 Offices Ltd.
IT 4 Offices Limited are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Who we are
IT 4 Offices Ltd is an IT Reseller principally involved in selling IT Hardware, Software and related services to the B2B sector.
IT 4 Offices uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which the company believe may be of interest to you and your organisation. In you making initial contact you consent to IT 4 Offices maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. IT 4 Offices also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, IT 4 Offices will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IT 4 Offices may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. IT 4 Offices may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information IT 4 Offices holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
IT 4 Offices will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing services relating to IT products and services. Your data may have been acquired from a variety of sources, including historic third-party lists.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet IT 4 Offices’ contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by IT 4 Offices
To market the IT Hardware, Software and related services offered by IT 4 Offices.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to IT 4 Offices processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +44 (0) 333 332 6600 or writing to us at the address further below.
IT 4 Offices may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third party vendors exclusively to process pricing, quotations and information on your behalf. IT 4 Offices requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. IT 4 Offices do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement without your consent. However, IT 4 Offices may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid government requests. IT 4 Offices may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of IT 4 Offices, its clients and/or the wider community.
IT 4 Offices will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom on servers in our premises or at one of our UK Partner data centres. Data is backed up off-site to one of our UK Partner data centres. IT 4 Offices does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
Whilst IT 4 Offices is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that IT 4 Offices refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
IT 4 Offices at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (IT 4 Offices) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of IT 4 Offices or a third party such as one of its vendors, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required. IT 4 Offices will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- a copy of your driving licence or passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months.
A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required.
If IT 4 Offices is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0) 333 332 6600 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by IT 4 Offices or its partners, you have the right to complain to IT 4 Offices’ managing director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
IT 4 Offices Ltd, attention of the Managing Director, IT 4 Offices Ltd, 52 Halcyon Close, Witham, CM8 1GY. Telephone +44 (0) 333 332 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/